Why Start at the Top?
we can begin work on the rest of the schoolhouse:
- [ ] - Shoring up the foundation and brick piers
- [ ] - Repairing termite damaged walls
- [ ] - Replacing historic windows and “breeze windows”
- [ ] - Repairing doors
- [ ] - Returning chairs, desks, blackboards, pot bellied stove, and vintage piano
- [ ] - Recalling the stories, songs, and lessons taught in this one room schoolhouse
We can proceed only with your help.
OUR MISSION is to open the school in September 2013 as a museum and historic site about our island’s Gullah Geechee heritage and a community center and focal point for the 13-acre Harrington Community Park.
We can succeed thanks to your support. OUR GOAL: $ 325,000
For more information on how you can help, go to www.ssiheritagecoalition.org, or call us at 912-634-0330.
The Friends of Harrington School, Inc, is 501-c-3 nonprofit organization and your donations are tax-deductible.